Tuesday, May 12, 2009

When a tense meeting ends with a smiling faces...

Yesterday i had a 2 hour meeting with the ministry of tourism with regards to me being a 'pain' of wanting my voice heard...

(for those who not been following my blog im refering to the ministry giving me notice in writing 2 days b4 the balloon fiesta saying...good luck by theway no money for u!)

The meeting is also join by a representative from PEMUDAH and PUBLIC COMPLAINTS BUREAU respectively. They were there as an observer to my 'yapping':)

I must say that I was very happy with the way the meeting was chaired and conducted... ofcoz there are tense moments as all i guess think that im a lunatic goon.. BUT it all went very smooth...infact, silky smooth... intead of being a mad lunatic i went there being a yoga master or frankly i was master jedi YODA:)

Both parties, my self representing the organising committee of the fiesta and the tourism ministry have our own points to address... and all noted... hope they give me a copy of their version of the minutes of meeting tho...

During the long meeting.... i remember there was one question thrown at me if i would want to stop and stand down for the sake of having a continuous relationship with the ministry and 'its' people (since i'm in the MICE industry for 15 years now)..

Actually i was really waiting for a right time for 'them' to know bit about me and what ive done in 15 years other than just running companies..

I told them that it was never in my intention to be a pain to anyone or to create enemies... i do not have enemies and ill be a fool to create enemies with the government ... BUT if there are issues that need to bring attention .. I WILL BE THERE DEMANDING FOR AN ANSWER AND A SOLUTION!

I was sharing with them my journeys in making a clear and fair path for entrepreneur
that have merits do their biz in Malaysia:

1. conference was not claimable under the HRDF scheme till 1.5 years ago... now conference can be claimable as this is important if the nation serious of building a knowledge society.

NO ENEMY.. in fact the ministry n the industry gained a lot after the 'change'

2. miti under midf/smidec/matrade focusing their grants to SMI (factory owners) when they should focus nuturing the mass 90% industry in Malaysia..the SMEs... now grants and soft loans are available within miti...further more u can claim 80% of the conference fee for u to enhance yr knowledge n skills

NO ENEMY... same... both gained!

3. contributed to the rights for the physically challenge community(i hate label them as OKU)

NO ENEMY... i hope:)... no result yet.. very complicated...still fighting!

4. some CSR projects here n there...

so that was my answer to them on me just want to bring up some issues that was not just!

At the end of the meeting... all wish me the best and all smile and of coz i gave all a hot air balloon cap!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Consider good news lah right? Keep on fighting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to the excellent feedback from the people from within... no doubt that the progression of the state of event were made after the change-over, when the quandry was less apparent and a little more open.

    To the fellows from PEMUDAH & The Public Complaints Bureau... thanks for looking out for the "orang biasa", nice to see the functionality of the "conceptualized" idea in motion.

    As a party to the events that has transpired, I woulod like to extend my sincerest congratulations to a superb idealogist and may all of his aspirations hold true as it stands to enrich us all through the constant increase of policy improvements.

    Thanks again to the people from the "Inside" for letting him tell "His-Story" befor it become History...

    Here's to higher transparency and general goodwill of making our nation a global leader in Policy Change.

    ReplyDelete